1 August, 2018
It seems that nature in the summer wakes up and there are countless small animals that had been hidden in the form of larvae and that are born with the advent of good weather. Some of these animals can get stung or bitten.
Most bites or bites are harmless and give minor local discomfort but if the reaction is very intense, it is best to consult a doctor or call 112.
How to act?
"In summer, everybody lives." It seems that nature in the summer wakes up and there are countless small animals that had been hidden in the form of larvae and that are born with the advent of good weather. Some of these animals can get stung or bitten.
They usually do so to defend themselves when we attack them, but some insects such as mosquitoes sting to reproduce, and others weigh accidentally, such as fleas and ticks.
Bites or bites of animals can produce inoculation of poisons or saliva, risk of infection or transmission of diseases such as tetanus, rabies or malaria.
Most bites or bites are harmless and give more local discomfort than serious problems. In the area of the skin we notice an acute pain followed by an inflammatory reaction, redness and itching more or less important according to the person and the amount of saliva or poison injected.
The treatment is to clean the area well with soap and water, and then apply gel. In the event that the insect when stinging has left us a sting, it is necessary to remove it with tweezers or with the nails trying not to inoculate more poison. Then we can apply some product with ammonia and if itching is very strong, a hydrocortisone cream can be applied to 1 or 0,5%. You should try not to scratch the area and if you do not improve these discomforts, you should consult a doctor.
The ticks remain all clinging to the skin to suck their blood and should be extracted with tweezers, soaking them with some oil, keeping in mind that the head is not in the skin.
There is a certain part of the population that has an allergy to insect bites and can cause them a much more serious reaction called anaphylaxis, characterized by urticaria, pruritus and general cutaneous erythema with respiratory distress. It has a very fast onset and can affect other organs. The treatment must be urgent, since it is potentially mortal. You should notify 112 and if you have adrenaline, a dose can be administered intramuscularly on the thigh.
Tips to avoid bites and bites of insects
1. Use an insect repellent.
2. Dress up in colorful little clothes and cover the whole body.
3. Do not annoy the animals or approach their nests, hives or creatures. Nor try to catch them.
4. Watch over when lifting stones.
5. Make sure there are no insects in the car before driving.
6. Do not walk barefoot in the field, nor with shoes that leave your foot uncovered.
In our country we have a single species of poisonous serpent: the aspip or viper. It is characterized by having the triangular head, the tail thinner than the body and the raised nose tip. If you bite us, it will be to defend yourself and you do not always manage to inject poison. We know that it has been done if 20 minutes appear a very painful reaction with swelling, redness and perhaps bottles in the area of the skin with the two marks of the teeth on the skin. Digestive symptoms such as vomiting, abdominal pain or diarrhea may also appear, and exceptionally other serious manifestations.
What we must do in the first place is not to move the person to anything, because being silent delays the spread of poison. We can calm the pain with an analgesic and make a compressive bandage on the bite area. You need to move the person to the hospital closest to you to administer the serum with the antidote. What should never be done, although popularly called, is to make a turnstile, or make an incision between the two teeth wounds and suck the poison, or apply gel.
Among the bites of marine animals we have jellyfish, which this season are much more abundant on our beaches. There are different species of jellyfish, some do nothing and others can crunch with more or less intensity. Its poison is in the stinging cells that adhere to the skin.
To avoid jellyfish bites the best thing we can do is tell us before there are jellyfish on the beach where we go. You should also look at the flag that indicates the state of the beach, if it is yellow, you should go with precaution and if it is red, it is proinit to bathe. Another tip is to put lots of sunscreen before entering the water.
Treatment when it has chopped us, is to put ice in a plastic bag for 5-10 minutes. Sea water can be used to remove stinging cells or apply, if available, a bicarbonate solution. What you should never do is clean the area with fresh water (from the tap). Keep in mind that if there is a wound, it can be infected. If the reaction is very intense, it is best to consult a doctor or call 112.
You will be up to date with the new articles, activities and recipes
Thanks! You are already part of our community of sport, health and healthy life!
There was an error during shipment
Please try again later
add the magazine to RSS